In the last installation, you were introduced to Joomla’s Payment Form Component and how to configure it to accept online donations on your congregation’s website. It’s relatively easy with the instructions I provided.
In that article, I briefly mentioned there are three Components to be used for online payment functionality:
- Payment Form (by Ossolution Team) [does not support Campaigns]
- Joom Donation (by Ossolution Team) [similar functionality as Payment Form, but has extended functionality for Campaigns]
- RS Forms Pro (by RSJoomla) [fully customizable, requires creating from scratch and having URJ Admin install the PayPal Plug-In if you’re using PayPal),
Payment Form was covered in the last installation, so now let’s look at Joom Donation.
Do you need to manage donations by Giving Campaigns?
If no, then you can skip this article and use the Payment Form Component. If you do, then Joom Donation is the Component for you. Here is a diagram showing the intersections of functionality between those two Components
Things to Know
- The default layout of the form (order of fields and heading text, etc.) has some inconsistencies in sentence case and grouping of fields, of which you have no control without access to the PHP. The developer’s native language is not English and it is obvious by some of the typos in the default form, which you will have to fix.
- Custom fields can be ordered to your choosing.