I had a brilliant idea for getting introverts on our scrum team to contribute valuable input during our end of sprint retrospective. It’s mixes a little bit of fun and creativity without going over the top and feeling too contrived, like some of the agile games I’ve researched. It involves a tag cloud.
Here’s the instructions:
- Using Notepad or other simple editor, type a minimum of 20 words describing how you feel about the project’s current state. You can repeat words to add emphasis. You can also include phrases, but do not put spaces between the words in the phrase.
- Browse to http://www.wordle.net/create.
- Paste your words into the text area.
- Click the GO button. Now, be patient. JAVA needs to load.
- When the Authentication Required dialog appears, click the Cancel button to ignore it. Then the JAVA dialog appears asking if you “want to run this application?”
- Click the Run button.
- Again, be patient. For some reason it takes awhile to generate.
- Once your tag cloud appears, click the Randomize button. This regenerates the tag cloud using different colors, text directions, and font faces. Keep clicking the button until you see one you like. It’s fun!!
- Print your tag cloud and bring it to the retrospective.
I’ve given my team these instructions for Friday’s retrospective. I’ll post back with the results.